- Get a "cluster buster" this means you can turn off all unused appliances in a room with the flick of one button.
- Insulate your ceilings to R3.0 standards.
- Replace and recycle your old refrigerator and purchase energy-efficient models. Units more than 10 years old have been shown to use two to three times more electricity than a new energy rated model.
- Seal windows, doors and anywhere air leaks in or out.
- Add weather strips around windows and doors.
- Wrap heating and cooling ducts with duct wrap, or use mastic sealant.