Benefits of Solar Power:
• Protect Against Rising Utility Rates - Installing your own solar power can reduce or eliminate your exposure to rising electricity rates.
• Long Term Reliability - Photovoltaic cells were originally developed for use in space, where repair is extremely expensive. Solar still powers nearly every satellite circling the earth because it operates reliably for long periods of time with virtually no maintenance.
• Low Maintenance Costs - Once installed, the solar power system requires little or no maintenance (especially if no batteries are used), and will provide electricity cleanly and quietly for up to 40 years.
• Solar Power is cheaper than Utility Power - Installing a solar power system is equivalent to prepaying for 25+ years of power at approximately only 8 cents per kWh compared to current prices of 22 cents or more. As rates increase in the future, this difference will increase, leading to even more savings over the life of a solar energy system.
• Solar Power Is Better for the Environment - Generating electricity from solar energy reduces your consumption of fossil fuels, which decreases pollution and greenhouse gas emission. By switching to solar power, you will combat global warming and reduce our nation’s dependence of foreign energy sources. Even a small solar electric system has a significant environmental impact.